Family law applies to all areas of family relationships. These can be marriages, divorces, child custody issues, alimony matters, pre-nuptial agreements, family inheritance, adoption, legal issues with family members such as with parents, siblings or children, division of assets, cases of child abuse, paternity claims and termination of family relationships.
- Qualities of a Good Family Lawyer
- A good family law attorney will be able to put a client at ease and determine the best solutions for their cases. They will have experience in dealing with wide variety of family disputes and will be able to adapt to any circumstances or change in a particular case.
- Good lawyers are expert negotiators. They will work towards settling the matters out of court by having talks with the opposite party and their attorney.
- A good family lawyer will have good understanding of family dynamics from all sections of the society and deal with each case with the sensitivity it deserves.
- A good family lawyer will discuss all options with you and work out the best possible solution for you.
Hiring a Family Law Attorney
Hiring a lawyer to represent your case concerning a family mater is not easy. Family issues can get quite stressful and you need a lawyer that has experience in your type of cases and understand what you want. It helps to do your research before you decide on an attorney to represent you. Look for a law firm that has a family law division with good experience in handling your type of case.
Be clear when addressing your case as the more clearly you present your case to an attorney the better they can manage your case. For instance, if you are filing for a divorce and you are seeking a certain amount of alimony from your spouse, then it would help you if you disclose all aspects of your finances such as personal income, assets, joint properties, tax returns etc so that your attorney can find a solution for you within the law. Ask them how they feel about your case, your chances of winning or their expert opinion on your case. Legal matters can take years to get resolved once they are in court. Ask your lawyer if they have the time to pursue your case or if you will get their undivided attention pertaining to your case.
Don’t forget to ask about their fee and any other expenses you might incur during the case. Ask for lawyer recommendations from family and friends but only you know what is best for you and your case. So make your decision after you have accessed your attorney or law firm from all angles and are satisfied with your assessment.
If you have any questions about family law Tampa Florida or would like to speak to us about your options, please contact us at (813) 518-7411. We represent clients during stressful and difficult times in their lives. We are empathetic, responsive, and push for a quick resolution. We look forward to helping you resolve your issue quickly, fairly, and in a way that will help you to return to the stable, predictable life that you deserve.